Shakespeare ‘Romeo and Juliet’
English 9 Taylor
Questions Act IV
1. Should Romeo and Juliet have followed Friar Lawrence’s advice: Why or why not?
2. What event are Paris and Juliet discussing at the beginning of Act IV? How do their feelings about the event differ?
3. What is Friar Lawrence’s plan for Juliet?
4. Why do you think Juliet trusts the Friar?
5. What three fears does Julies reveal in her soliloquy in Scene iii? What does the soliloquy reveal about her personality?
6. Do you think drinking the potion is a courageous or foolish act? Explain. How has Juliet changed during the play? Explain?
7. Do you think it is appropriate for a religious person like the Friar to deceive people with the hope of positive outcomes?