Thursday, August 9, 2018

Greetings! It's A New School Year!

Let me introduce myself. I am Melanie Taylor, M.A.--longtime teacher, writer, gardener, mom and, most importantly, a follower of Jesus Christ. I am so excited to teach English Literature and Composition at Victor Valley Christian School. I first started teaching in Christian schools, now I'm back, and English is my first love. We will have such fun!

But first, some housekeeping. Here are links for information on how our class will run, and how we can communicate



Melanie Taylor, M. A.
English Literature, Language and Composition
August 10, 2018


Dear Parents/Guardians, Family, and Students,


  How exciting! We have a new school year and I am so pleased to be
included in the educational process here at Victor Valley Christian School,
and in a subject I really love. We have a busy year planned developing
powerful writing skills, increasing digital knowledge and confidence, and,
best of all, experiencing great literature to love and appreciate for a lifetime.
This is a solid college prep program.
We will participate with Google Classroom, as well as use my regularly
updated classroom website:  MzT’s Classroom https://www.mzteachuh.com/  
There is a matching blog, too, with pertinent information about our English program
that is also regularly updated-- MzT’s Classroom https://mztsclass.blogspot.com/  
These online resources post nothing personal about the students, but general
information about the English program, homework, and activities. If you want more
information on Reading Teams, Book Club, Writer’s Workshop, Station Rotation,
or what to study for the next test, check the website or blog.
 Courtesy and full focus on our work are the hallmarks of our classroom.
We can collaborate on classwork, discuss grading and behavior, and be assured
we have open communication and mutual support. Our class syllabus has details
about grading, classroom rules and routines, reading lists, and needed materials.
This syllabus is also online at the Mzt’s Classroom site, and blog.
 Please communicate with me through Google Classroom, or email
Melanie Taylor mtaylor@vvcs.org , call the School Office 760-241-8827,
and when I get my new smartphone, I will give you a number you can call or text.
I don’t respond during class, if you have an emergency, call the Front Office 760-241-8827.
My goal is to get back to you within a day. My Office hours are Tuesday and
Thursday  3:00-4:00 p.m..
I am generally on the run, so if you wish to speak to me in person or have a conference,
please schedule one. I don’t want to miss you!
The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Numbers 6:24-26
Sincerely,


Melanie Taylor, M.A.


Syllabus: English Literature, Language and Composition
https://mztsclass.blogspot.com/2018/07/syllabus-english-literature-language.html

MzT's Outside Reading



MzT's Writer's Workshop



No comments:

Post a Comment